26 Enoggera Terrace Red Hill, QLD 4059$900,000 - $950,000 Final Price Guide
Historic Red Hill Restoration
House - Red Hill QLD
Originally built over a century ago upon a ridge-top in Red Hill, this is an exceptionally rare opportunity to acquire a piece of iconic Brisbane real estate. Surrounded by heritage-listed structures, this original Queenslander is among the highest elevated homes in Brisbane and has been featured on several book covers for its’ iconic construction. The history of the home is just one aspect of the property that despite its’ quaint street presence, has a myriad of features that can only be truly taken in by venturing inside the established residence.
As you turn onto Enoggera Terrace, there is an air of affluence from the string of boutique cafes to the impressive multi-million-dollar homes that line the street. At street level, the home exudes a ‘modest cottage’ appearance complete white picket fence, timber deck and concrete car pad that provides off-street parking for one car. Typical of traditional Queenslander homes, the VJ walls, ornate stained-glass windows and high ceilings capture your attention as you enter. Three of the five generous bedrooms are positioned at the front of the home, all with ceiling fans, double-hung timber windows and one with access to the front deck through French timber doors.
The main bathroom shared by these front bedrooms has been renovated in several stages now with waterproof flooring and walls, new vanity, walk-in shower, gold fixtures and luxurious stand-alone bathtub. The lounge room, kitchen and dining room make up the remainder of the first level, in addition to a sunroom that acts as the entryway to the internal timber stairs. The kitchen has had major renovations over the past five years including quality stainless steel appliances and new hot water service. The kitchen offers ample space for dining suite and a tranquil, leafy view extending all the way to the city.
Descending the internal timber staircase will bring you to the second level of the dwelling, comprised of the additional two bedrooms, second bathroom, laundry and expansive rear deck. The two second-level bedrooms are equally proportionate to those upstairs, have double French doors that open out onto the deck and share the bathroom with converted laundry. The rear timber verandah is a facet of the home that perfectly embodies the Australian dream. Privacy, shady trees and city glimpses make for a flawless alfresco dining space and secondary entertaining/relaxation space for the second level of the home. The stairs off the back deck lead down to the yard that has huge potential and is fully enclosed for those with children or pets.
This is a unique situation where the current owners have made significant structural upgrades to the home, yet it remains a blank canvas for its’ next occupants. Less than 4km from the CBD, the location on offer is unrivalled with several iconic Brisbane landmarks close by including Suncorp Stadium, Roma Street Parklands and Victoria Park Golf Course. Various schools, public transport options and entertainment venues are at your disposal from this superbly positioned property in addition to cafes, restaurants and bars close by. Offering incredible potential at a price-point that is unlikely to be repeated, the new owner of this classic Queensland home will benefit from guaranteed growth for years to come.
• Traditional Queenslander with 3.2m high ceilings, stained glass windows/doors & VJ walls
• Elevated at the rear on wooden stumps – one of the highest in Brisbane
• Current land valuation $890,000
• Fully fenced with new front deck and concrete pad for 1 car
• First level – 3 spacious bedrooms, main bathroom, living area, kitchen/dining and sunroom
• Renovated kitchen with stainless steel appliances including Miele dishwasher
• Renovated bathroom featuring luxurious stand-alone bathtub
• Internal timber staircase to second level comprised of two bedrooms, bathroom, laundry and large, private back deck
• Stairs leading from back deck down to expansive backyard
• 4km to CBD, 2km to Brisbane Grammar School, QUT & Suncorp Stadium
Updates by current owners:
• Rear external stairs installed
• New roof, roof insulation and gutters
• Bathroom renovation including waterproof floor and walls, toilet, vanity, bath and shower
• Externally painted and added window hoods
• Steel security front door
• Kitchen renovation including Miele dishwasher, stove, cabinetry, benchtop and splash back
• Structural retaining wall at the front of the house, re-stumping and structural engineering report
• New front deck and concrete car pad installed – designed and approved to accommodate 1 car
• Gas meter relocated and new hot water service
• Upgraded smoke detectors, electrical wiring, internal and external painting
• Approval for side-access stairway to back yard
- 5 bed
- 2 bath
- 1 Parking Spaces
- Land is 347 m²
- Built In Robes